CHARLIE ALWAYS GETS THE JOB DONE!
THIS SITE IS FOR INFORMATION AND TECHNICAL TIPS . IF YOU WISH TO ORDER THE PRODUCTS SHOWN, GO TO hhtpWWW.memphisgolfllc.com OR http://www.ebaystores.com/memphisgolfllc
We are reliable professionals with over 25 years of experience. We listen to our customers and work with them to address their needs through innovative solutions.
You name it and we can provide it. With knowledge and dedication,you can be sure we will get the job done and get it done right.
We have been in the golf business for over twenty five years, in just about all phases. We started out repairing and refinishing golf clubs, we then began to build custom persimmon woods and building custom clubs for other club companies and the retail market. We then became a Golf Component Distributor and now we are continuing our efforts building some of the finest Custom Fit Clubs available.
We carry golf equipment that you will not find in any pro shop or Big Box store. We specialize in Infiniti, Acer and other fine Custom heads. We have many, many different shafts in stock, including Aertotech, Aldila, KBS, True Temper, UST’s VTS Tour Shaft and others. We can fit every golfer and every price point.
DO YOUR CLUBS FIT CORRECTLY?
If not, your are not alone. PGA Pros who make their living playing golf say that ill-fitting equipment is one of the biggest problems with amateurs, including those who play in Pro-Ams. “They all try to hit the ball like Tiger."Pros benefit from having club testing and fitting facilities with the latest measuring equipment, plus tour vans that are equipped many combinations of shafts and components to build and adjust their clubs.
At our facility, we have the knowledge, the equipment and the head, shaft, grip combinations to improve your game. You can expect personal service from us.
OEM CLUBS THAT DON’T WORK
Are you disappointed in the clubs that were advertised that you will hit them longer and straighter than any club on the market? Well it happens and the main reason is that most all OEM clubs are made to only two specifications, length and flex. There are a number of different specifications that must be met if a club fits an individual and allows you to play your best.
- 1 Lie, Short players usually need a flat lie, while tall players need an upright lie
- 2 Loft, along with the shaft are important to reach the proper trajectory. Setting the proper loft takes gaps out of shot lengths.
- 3 Swing Weight, a Swing Weight that is too lite tends to give less feel and makes the shaft stiffer. Too heavy makes shaft softer.
- 4 Grip, Type and Size are extremely important it is your only link to the club. Too small makes you too wristy, too large takes wrist action out of the swing.
- 5 Shaft Type, Too light, too Heavy, wrong torque
- 6 Shaft Bend Profile is where the shaft loads. Low bend hits higher shots and high bend hits lower trajectory.
- 7 Shaft Flex, Too weak, hits high trajectory, sprays the ball. Too stiff, hits the ball lower, seldom feels that the ball is struck solidly.
- 8 Length of clubs are determined by the golfers height and sleeve length. Tall players usually need a longer shaft. Short players a shorter shaft.
- 9 Face Angle on irons are set square but offset on Iron necks will allow higher handicap players more time to get through the hitting area. Low handicap players usually prefer less off set.
- 10 Overall Weight – Steel shafted clubs will weigh more than graphite by Swing Weight.
- 11 Set Make Up- It is important to buy clubs that are easy to hit.
Buying clubs off the rack is like shopping a shoe store,
they have all of the different styles and colors but they only have 71/2 D’s in stock.
We pride ourselves on working on clubs that you cannot hit consistently and tweaking them to fit a your game. What does it take to Tweak a Golf Club or a set of golfClubs. This is a good question and there is no specific answers. In many cases a slight adjustment may be all that is needed.
A customer called me recently and stated that he had just purchased a new set of OEM irons and wanted to know how much it would cost him to have customized to fit him. He was told that we cannot offer him a price until we find out what components are in the set that he purchased. Does he have the correct length, correct shaft and flex for him, correct size grip, the correct loft and lie? The list goes on and on. Do the shafts need SST Pureing? Most do. The gentleman was told that before he made this large investment in a set of clubs that were advertised to really improve his golfing skills, he should have gone to a Professional club fitter and find out what his requirements are. In many cases it could mean a few slight adjustments and no complete re-make is needed.
What does it mean to "HotMelt®" a Golf Club?
HotMelt® is a heavy glue that is put into Wood or Hybrid heads to add swing weight, adjust flight bias, dampen impact sound, and/or arrest rattles. Most PGA pros play shorter than retail woods and use hotmelt® to return the clubs to a decent swing weight. For every 1/2" a club is shortened, it loses three swing weight points. Applying 6 grams of hotmelt® inside the head can restore the original swing weight while allowing the player to play a shorter, more controllable club. For example: a driver that swing weights at D2 at 45" will swing weight at D0 if cut down to 44 1/2". This also makes to shaft Stiffer. Applying 6gm of hotmelt® can allow the golfer to play the driver at the new length of 44 1/2" with the original swing weight or feel of balance. In most cases, shorter clubs, especially the driver, produce tighter dispersion patterns and greater accuracy. If the balance is restored properly this also generally comes with no loss of distance. HotMelt® is a fine tuning tool for spin reduction as there are other more influential factors such as loft, shaft profile, angle of attack and swing speed.
HotMelt® Prices Vary by Club head. Call for prices!
CALL Charlie at 901-340-1305 and talk to him about your equipment and your swing and see what he can do to improve your ball striking and make your golf more enjoyable. We are the only SST Pure® Licensee in the entire Mid-South.
Tues, Thurs, Sat
PHONE: (901) 340 - 1305
LOCATED AT: VANTAGE POINT GOLF CENTER
9574 MACON RD., CORDOVA, TN 38016
HOURS OF OPERATION
TUESDAY, THURSDAY & SATURDAY
11:00AM TO 4:00PM